Filter Tester 1.1 - Binarization Filter
- This filter converts the color components of an image into binary values without changing the pixel bit-count.
For 24-bit images, the result images are usually not black-and-white. For
grayscale images, the result images are black-and-white but they still use 8
bits per pixel.
- The following binarization methods are implemented:
- The user may use a constant threshold.
- The user may specify a white pixel ratio.
- The user may use Otsu's method where the threshold is
chosen automatically such that the division in the histogram yields the
largest reduction in standard deviation of the pixel colors. This simple
method, if combined with light compensation filter, might produce great
results for document binarization.
- This filter works for grayscale images or 24-bit color images.
This page was last modified on 02/29/2004